Aaargh!! Tuning SUs, help!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Aaargh!! Tuning SUs, help!
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:02:09 EDT
I have rebuilt the carbs, reamed the old bushes and replaced with the
slightly oversized shaft that fits snug.

I have followed the tuning istructions as detailed in the service manual.

At speed the car seems to run fine but I cannot get it to idle properly it
gets very rough under 900 RPMS.  I have loosened and recentered the jet
needles, no gas leaks when running or when engine is shut down.  The dampers
move freely.  The butterfly fits snug and true.  I'm out of ideas anybody
have any clue what I should try next?

Thanks,

Gary Bouffard 59 TR2A TS58399