re: DIY GT6 Carpet Set

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: DIY GT6 Carpet Set
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:53:01 EDT
Justin
I think that's one of those things that sounds easier than it is..
finishing the edges properly, getting stretch factor built in, getting a look
that doesn't distract from the rest of your interior materials - too many
folks (more than one) have gone with the 'shag rug' look - and it ain't
pretty!
In the long run I think you would be happier even with the lesser expensive
GT6 rugs available.
Rugs are usually a pain to install (taking out braces, seats, etc) I would
opt to either replace the worst off exisitng pieces with the best matching
scraps you can find and  cut to fit (uphostery and auto shops), or get the
best 'full set' you can afford at this time.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

dont want to buy a set if I can fabricate a better quality
customized one for cheaaper. justin