Travelling with a TR to far away places

To: "'triumphs '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Travelling with a TR to far away places
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:49:52 -0400
I have been wondering about a summer vacation in British Columbia. It would
be marvellous to drive the TR6 in the rockies. But it's a long way from
Montreal. I've made that drive before and I don't have the time to do it
now. Especially not in my TR6. So I thought about shipping the car and then
meeting up with it in Banff and then driving through the passes etc. Bed and
breakfasting for a couple of weeks in the unbelievable scenery they have out
there.

So far I have received a quote from the train people for $750 CDN for
shipping from Montreal in a closed train car. I guess that means I would
have to ship there and then back from Vancouver for the return trip. It's
starting to add up.

Has anybody got a better idea for how to get a car across North America and
back without driving it?

Mark Hooper
72 TR6