RE: TR3a wiper motor - solved

To: "'davidt@opentext.com'" <davidt@opentext.com>, "'ryoung@navcomtech.com'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a wiper motor - solved
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 18:28:14 -0400
Hi all,

It works!!! A '76 spitfire gave up it's carbon brushes from the garbage
wiper motor. Turned them sideways trimmed an arc for maximum contact and
they fit the '3 brush holders perfectly. Snug and plenty of brush space.

Put it all back together and turned it on....it ran. Turned the switch off
and it parked perfectly. Thinking this was a fluke, did it 3 more times and
made sure my youngest saw it to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Randall, Kent, Geo et al a huge thanks.

David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - working wipers now :-)