Re: Scare of a lifetime--Sorry But Absolutely no LBC Content

To: <Bristol7@aol.com>, <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Scare of a lifetime--Sorry But Absolutely no LBC Content
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:34:42 -0500
>>  I felt the same way when a bear ran into my car last Thanksgiving.  If I
>>  had
>>  arrived on the scene a second earlier, and he had got out in front of
the
>>  car and the car had struck him, the car would likely be demolished.  As
it
>>  was, it took $2600 to set the Saturn right.

>But what happened to the bear? Was it able to
>run away?

Absolutely.  My brother-in-law was following me in an Astro with his family.
He saw the bear spin around and run back into the woods from which he came.

>Was it a Blackie

Yes.  A full-grown one.

>or Griz?

Nope.  We don't have them in Minnesota and Wisconsin as far as I know.

>Most likely a
>Black Bear with only $2600 in damage. Bears can
>tough damn animals.

Like I said.  He ran into the car.  If the car had run into him, the car
would likely be totaled.

>Best Regards,
>
>Kirk Yonker
>81 TR8 fi dhc
>Seattle

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org