Re: Car Shows : ) smaller rant

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, DShoop7572@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car Shows : ) smaller rant
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 22:29:01 EDT
Dave,
The North Coast Triumph Association has many events throughout the year where
no trophies are involved.  We "Drive and Eat" a lot.  We occasionally "Race
and Autocross."  We have even rented out Nelsons Ledges Roadracing Track out
for a day in years past.  We have monthly meetings where we send a lot of
time "Kicking Tires" in the parking lot.  We have "Tech Sessions" and yes we
"Caravan" to
local and national meets.  Generally we drive the heck out of our LBC's. Why
not join?  Cost is $15.00 Bucks.  I am the NCTA Membership Chairman I could
sign you right up.

If you are interested we are CO-Hosting the TRA Nationals at the same
location in Wadsworth June 12, 13, & 14.  Now TRA is where the "Big Dogs
Run." Lots of Premier TR2's,3's&4's.  But just as many if not more driver
TR's.  We will be Touring, Rallying and yes Showing our TR's.  If this is not
enough we will be Caravaning down to Mid-Ohio Race Course for the big 50
years of Triumph Celebration Sat & Sun. Yes, we will be showing again down
there but we also get to tour the track on Sat. between the all Triumph
Races.

 By the way I always park my car at the shows and immediately split to swap
meet and spend hours looking for treasures in all the boxes of junk. To me
the thrill is in the hunt. I have a giant wall of trophies.  Don't really
need any more. Instead I love to see the smile on a new TR member's face when
they win that first and maybe unexpected trophy.

Cheers,
Darrell
62 TR4
63 TR3B