RE: gas smell

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gas smell
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 21:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
My '62 TR4 was stinkin' up the garage with an increasingly strong odor of
gasoline, but not leaking enough to leave a puddle anywhere.

The fuel pump was already rebuild ( that gas leak was pretty obvious ) and
I had replaced all the rubber gas lines.....or so I thought.

There's a short piece of flexible tubing in the back of the car around the
left rear tire where the metal fuel line leading forward comes up to meet
the gas tank. That piece of fuel line was still original and causing the
problem.

-jeffrey