Re: Adhesive

To: Pete Ryner <pryner@interfold.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, owner-mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Adhesive
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:21:28 -0400
Pete-
3M Adhesive, I think the number is "8088" or something close(lots of 8's) is
available off the shelf (adhesives and silicone section) at your local "Pep
Boys" chain new car parts store...(I refuse to recognize them as being
anything more than a current model supplier of common replacement items or
gimmcrackery, as I often have trouble finding what I need for my pre 1980
vehicles... However I was surprised when they pulled all the tune-up items
for a 67 Mk2 Spitty off the shelf!) Many other parts houses carry the same
3M number. as it is a very useful trim adhesive. This is an aerosol, BTW.
Also, be sure to follow the directions, and try not to get it on your hands-
it is rather sticky and hard to remove from you.(Not impossible) Take it
from a guy who has had it on his hands, clothes, etc...

Scott