Re: Tr3a front bumper mounting

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3a front bumper mounting
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:30:28 -0700
That's what I thought.  I wasn't going to start bolting steel up against my
freshly painted body parts.  I cut pieces from a spare radiator hose and
drilled holes for the mounting bolts.  I used these rubber buffers on both
sides of the sheet metal.  On the left side of the car, for what ever reason
(probably an accident) the bracket on the inside wouldn't adjust far enough
forward to meet the inside of the valance.  I used a small block of wood to
make up the difference.

It may not be original or concours, but it is not noticable and it gives me
a little piece of mind.

Bob