man she runs

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: man she runs
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:37:53 -0400
Well, took the "3" out today for a little spirited run after the new engine
break in, she did not seem to have the get-up & go like my old engine, stopped
and readjusted the timing about 3 or 4 trys, still not like i expected, came
home changed the grosse jets back to needle & seat, double checked the
pressure from the elec pump and set that at 2 1/2lbs., using my C/O 2 gauge
readjusted the carbs, then reset the timing by ear, well she runs now, no idea
which of the adjustments I made or quite possibly all of them combined, but
shes rather swift to say the least. Just thought I would share my happy
feeling, sorry about the snow up north.  "FT"