email Viruses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: email Viruses
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:59:19 -0700
To all the listers who do not have the benefit of owning a Macintosh,
I would urge you to lobby your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to
install the "Postini" software. This software intercepts junk email
and viruses BEFORE they are sent to your computer!
My provider has been using it for several months and I could not be
happier, once a week I get a summary of junk/viruses being held in
quarantine, I can go look at them and if there are any I
want...junk...not virus... I can opt to have them delivered to my
computer. Just this week Postini "quarantined" 239 junk emails, and 4
viruses.
NFI of course but a really great service.
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3