Re: aluminum flywheels

To: JASandPJS@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: aluminum flywheels
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 08:32:19 -0500
John -

One disadvantage is that it can make the car less "tractable", which
is to say that you'll need to finesse the clutch more for moving from
a stop.

All that rotating weight on a steel flywheel means a lot of momentum
to keep things going when you let the clutch out; less weight means
the car will be more sensitive to clutch engagement.

I've driven a TR3 with an aluminum flywheel, and one with steel, and
found them both to be perfectly driveable cars.

Dan