Re: Looking for two TR3 parts - ribbed valve cover/screwdriver

To: Dave Willner <dwillner@icontech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for two TR3 parts - ribbed valve cover/screwdriver
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 20:48:22 -0400
Dave, Garrett Wade is a woodworking supply house in NY that sells
screwdrivers that, I think, are the type that originally came with the TR.
If your friend can't find an original, perhaps this would do. They're made
in Sheffield. I have a set of these from Garrett Wade that are about 30
years old (mine are made by W.H. Clay, Ltd). They come in several different
sizes, but I don't know which is "correct" for the TR.

The Garrett Wade listing is

http://www.garrettwade.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=100410&itemType=PRODU
CT&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&iProductID=100410

The footprint you mentioned is probably the logo of another Brit tool
manufacturer called..."Footprint Tools, Ltd." (also Sheffield).

Their web address is http://www.footprint-tools.co.uk/, but aside from an
email address, it's not very helpful. Not even sure they make screwdrivers.

One last source for a lookalike is Dieter Schmidt in Berlin (yes, THAT
Berlin). His appear to be made by Crowne Tools, Ltd in, surprise,
surprise... Sheffield. See http://www.fine-tools.com/schr1.htm

WAY more than you wanted to know about screwdrivers I'm sure, but hey...you
asked! The Dave Barry quote in my signature block was never more apropos!
:^)

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry