1964 pattern Commission Plates

To: "Triumph 2000" <triumph_2000@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitfires Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumph_vitesse@yahoogroups.com>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: 1964 pattern Commission Plates
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 22:50:44 +0100 g43Ltfi29349
Hi,
    Following protracted delays through artwork corredtions, I havetoday
received the latest remanufactured commission plates. These are the pattern
introduced in 1964 and used through to the following year, with the paint and
trim codes recorded for the first time. The vehicle weight is noted in Kilos,
though on most vehicles it remained unstamped. This style of plate was used on
Heralds, Spitfires, Vitesse 6, late TR4 & early TR4a, Triumph 2000 Mk1and
probably others I've overlooked.
    I have updated the website with details of the new plates, howver I don't
yet have any images online - the finish of the plates is giving my scanner a
hard time, but I will try and resolve this over the weekend. There is an image
of an original plate for identification purposes.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics