RE: TR3 Pistons/Liners

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Pistons/Liners
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:08:24 -0700
I've used a Mahle piston and liner set in a Porsche 914 motor years ago and was
very impressed with the quality. The rings where even pre gaped all you had to
do was put them on the con rods and put the engine together. I've been told buy
one of my local parts shops that they routinely get Mahle products and being
that they list both the pistons and the piston and liner set in the Mahle
inventory they say they should be able to get them in for me. You can down load
a PDF catalogue off their web site, they changed the site since I downloaded it
but I assume it's still there some where.
http://www.mahleinc.com/
By the way Mahle pistons are OE in most German cars Porsche etc.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet