RE: TR4 closed circuit breather

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 closed circuit breather
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:35:42 -0800
Another possibility (if Don's method fails) is to enlarge the hole a little,
and use a cut-down toggle bolt.  Cut down the wings of the toggle bolt so
they only spread to a little less than the diameter of the plug, then
enlarge the hole to about 1/2".  Assemble into the big socket like Don did,
then stick the wings of the toggle bolt through the hole and let it expand
behind the plug.

Personally, I'd want to pull the pan either before or after, flush
thoroughly with carb cleaner and wipe with a rag.  Guess it depends on how
much you value your oil pump, and trust your oil filter bypass not to open
<g>

Randall