Re: GT6 engines

To: elliottr@rmi.net
Subject: Re: GT6 engines
From: James V Laviana III <jimmad@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:51:59 -0500
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
I have just rebuilt my GT6 MKI engine and other than shaving the head
.040, I left it stock. With the commission number being higher than
KC5000, the engine has the larger main bearings like the later cars, and
I like to keep it as close to factory as possible. The early head has the
exposed valve guide tubes that look really nice once the engine is all
painted up, the tubes stay silver while the engine is black as received
from the factory. The later heads have larger valves ie, intake 1.303 vs
1.441 and exhaust 1.178 vs 1.256, but peformance improvements are hardly
noticed.