RE: Hackers that send viruses

To: "Triumph" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hackers that send viruses
From: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@triumphcars.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:35:28 -0800
I don't see any Triumph content in this message,  I can understand your need
to Rant, I wish you could understand my desire that this email list have
messages in it that apply to Triumphs automobiles.

Microsoft is not an evil empire - I will admit that I'm not a fan of some of
it's buisness practices but I can also remember the slew of incompatible
software and inconsistent UI's that made IBM PC's such a bear to work with
before windows came on the market.  Yeah, there are also the people that
said that Microsoft copied Apple and I do nothing but laugh - How about that
wonderful backstory of Jobs going to Xerox and coping the GUI & the Mouse
from that establishment?

Microsoft products are as secure as the people that use them, I have XP and
Outlook installed on my machine - I have set my security permissions
appropriatly and have never gotten nailed by a computer virus email or
otherwise.  It's up to the user to configure their machine properly - I
mean, what about a garage door opener eh?  How many people don't change
their code from the generic one shipped from the factory?  Who are you going
to blame when you get robbed - Genie or yourself?

Some people are just too quick to pass blame and judgement - You're all
welcome to your opinions but hey, Myself and probably a heck of a lot of
other people on this list would appreciate it if you kept it to yourself.

-Huw