Re: TR3A Windshield

To: bsmith@inetnow.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Windshield
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:36:08 EST
I re-installed my old windshield after having the frame re-chromed.  I found
that the gasket material purchased from TRF was much too tight to install and
ripped when sliding into the frame.  Instead of the TRF gasket material I
then went to an auto parts store and purchased a roll of the semi-soft,
stretchable gasket matrial that is used to mount modern windshields.  I
stretched and pushed the material into the windshield frame and any excess
was squeezed out when the glass was pressed in.  Any excess can be trimed
with a razor, you may also find that you have to re-trim a few days later.
One word of caution.  The gasket material moves much easier when warm, a cold
garage doesn't assist the project.  Also, don't overstuff the channel with
too much material.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399