Re: Carb rebuild questions

Subject: Re: Carb rebuild questions
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:57:49 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob :

I've never seen that any kind of goop helped the leaks.  You could try
some Hylomar HPF tho.  The 'grommets' just have to be replaced
periodically, not too hard to do with the carbs on the car (once you
know how it goes together).

Likewise the gaskets between the manifold and carb.  Don't forget the
insulator/spacer, with a gasket on each side of it.

I don't know a measurement for the end of the jet vs the upper jet
housing surface, but I wouldn't worry about it.  This is the mixture
adjustment, which doesn't come until after it's all back together,
valves and timing are set, and the engine is running.  ISTR the end of
my jets are usually about 1/32" below the housing, with the mixture set.

BTW, they're H6, not H5.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver