Fuel Pump

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump
From: "Hassan, Erkan" <ehassan@visicu.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:55:12 -0500
OK,

I had time to take the fuel pump off my 62 TR3 tonight.  I finally got the
rear nut off with a lot of anguish as it was extremely difficult to get to
and gots of gunk on the bolt.

With both nuts removed, I went to remove the pump.  After coming out about a
quarter of an inch, it hit a pipe that is in the way.  Review of the manual
indicates that it is the breather pipe.  The books do not say anything about
the pipe being in the way.   Is this suppose to happen or what??.  In any
event, the pump WILL NOT come off with the pipe in the way.  The pump is not
working as I removed the diaphragm and the spring inside the pump no longer
holds up the clip that the diaphragm connects to.  I must remove it to see
if this is fixable or needs to be replaced.

Again, is the pipe suppose to be there, or is this an after market something
or other.  How do I get it off??

Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Erkan Hassan
Baltimore, MD

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended for
the sole use of the individual(s) or entity named in the message header.  If
dissemination, copying or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in
error, please notify the sender of the error and delete this message and any
attachments.