Re: Original 65 TR4 on Ebay

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com, KPe9368405@aol.comowner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Original 65 TR4 on Ebay
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:28:57 EST
In a message dated 11/14/2001 6:41:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ARhodes@compuserve.com writes:

> In my all original 4A the spare was a wire wheel!

I can't speak to TR4As however, with the 3's and 4's it was quite common to
swap wheels from wire to disc or disc to wire. A customer would like
everything but the wheels on a particular new car, so the dealer's shop would
swap them out with another car. Often this was the last item of contention on
a deal and when the shop found out about it, the deal was made and the
customer was anxious to be on his way. In this last minute hustle, it was
easy to forget the spare. Don't ask me how I know :o) If the customer didn't
have a flat he might go quite awhile before he discovered this.
A good couple of men could do this in less than an hour, including swapping
the studs.
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar