Re: Standard Triumph firsts

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Standard Triumph firsts
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:49:07 -0800
John,

The Herald was introduced in 1959, right?  I had a 1951 Austin Devon with a
sunroof and I know they were making them before that. I am sure that the
Austin was made in the UK, doesn't it qualify as a saloon?  Or maybe it
doesn't qualify because it let in more rain than sun and therefore was
really a rain roof.   The very tall State trooper that gave me my driver
test liked it because he could keep his hat in in the car.

Bob