Re: { NASS } Re: engine rebuild after the screw up! What are the odds

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: { NASS } Re: engine rebuild after the screw up! What are the odds
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:41:58 -0600
Paul,
these flex hones work great when you have no tapper to the bore, but the
will agravate the any tapper that may exist. Another point to concider
is that the tool cost about the same as boring 1/3 of your cylinders at
a machine shop and you still need to remove the engine to do the job
properly ie: clean up and residue from honing. Most shops charge
$50.00/hole for boring, so go for the extra cc's and extra compression
for even more power! Remember there is no substute for cubic inches!

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A 4mm oversize with 87mm pistons and liners
1963 Fiat Cabriolet now 1.4mm over size and 9:1