Re: my kingdom for a backorder

To: spitlist@gte.net, jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net
Subject: Re: my kingdom for a backorder
From: "John Vance" <biggooner@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:32:26 -0400 FILETIME=[7C8B9700:01C15D59]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Curry wrote: <<I always
ask for stock status before placing the order.  If it ain't in stock,
I get it elsewhere.>>

As at least one other has commented, the TRF backorders quite often come
through very quickly. I had headlight trim rings (common enough item you'd
think) on backorder at the Summer Party this year, arrived at my house
within a week.

Every business is in it to make money, let's not kid ourselves, but
outstanding customer service is a key to driving revenue these days (when
was it not) and despite the seemingly higher percentage of backorders from
TRF, the information and help provided (especially around the quality of
remanufactured items) is refreshing. I'm sticking with them for the TR6 as
first choice, but will also buy from others where the need arises.

My most recent experience was to email TRF to request, after the fact, that
they send me the TR6 blue/green books for free as I have ordered more than
$50 worth of stuff. Green book arrived promptly, Blue is on backorder (!).
But the cost of the books and the shipping was not questioned.

And yes, the Summer Party is a blast!

John Vance
74 TR6 - online
72 Stag - system testing