RE: TR4 bonnet (hood) buffer

To: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 bonnet (hood) buffer
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:45:02 -0400
>Now, I don't know how to install them. There are no holes on my car for the
>screws and I cant tell if there have ever been holes in the relevant areas.
>Thus I am not even sure exactly where the 4 buffers are supposed to go and
>how they are supposed to be affixed.

Michael,

They are attached with 2 screws each on the outside edge of the U-channel in
the front fenders.  The edge of the bonnet rides in the U-channel.  The
buffers are supposed to help center the bonnet and control vibration.

When I get home tonight I can measure the locations on my car.  Or maybe
someone who is retired or works from home can get there first.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn