Re: [Re: Introduction and First Query] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f9OBtsP0

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: Introduction and First Query] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f9OBtsP04815
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 05:55:45 MDT
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Here are replies to the various

I don't think my Big 3 employer knows I just purchased a Brit car. They can't
complain though. They have purchased two Brit car companies.

I live in Royal Oak, Michigan. Just north of Detroit.

I will definitely purchase the guide to electrical systems so many of you
suggested. Having once owned a Triumph bike I know I can use all the help I
can get with Lucas electrics.

Back to my question. Some said they couldn't find circles with X's in them.
There are circles with X's inside them on the schematic I have. Take a look at
the stop light circuit on the 72 TR6 for example.

The reason I was looking at the stop light circuit is because I thought that
it wasn't working. They don't go on with the ignition key off or in the
accessory position. I found that they do go on when the engine is running. I
can't figure that out. Is this normal behavior? Is there an engine-on relay
somewhere that enables the brake lights? Now I KNOW I should buy the book.

Thanks,
Hugh