clutch fork bolt, fixed!!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch fork bolt, fixed!!!!
From: dw_triumph@clear.net.nz
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:47:04 +1200
Well it's fixed, all for NZ$17.50 (or USD$8.00).
As I said in the last post, the bolt had broken in half where they all seem
to. I bought a new Allan head bolt and yesterday had an engineer extend the
thread right through the cross shaft and into the other side of the fork,
thereby
eliminating the weak original tapered bolt. I also had another engineer machine
two new bushes for the cross shaft.
It's all worked out better than I had hoped, the whole setup is now as-new or
better than new.

DaveW
'68 Mk1 PI saloon