Re: TR6 Push rod??

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Harrymague@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Push rod??
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:24:40 -0400
    Harry, is there an off-chance possibility that the little tiny screw
securing the rocker shaft to the #6 pedestal may have come loose and
fallen down between the lifter and pushrod? They have been known to
mysteriously dissapear and then show up in the oil sump.......  I  used
lock-tight when reinstalling my own last spring, due to what I had heard
on this list.
       Optimist's view from here- notice screw is in fact absent, pull
out pushrod, remove renegade screw, notice lifter is unscathed, install
new screw and pushrod, go for a ride.
       Pessimist's view- screw is in fact absent, pull out pushrod,
screw is nowhere to be found, lifter has a gouge in it, off comes head,
etc., etc.
      Good luck,
     Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
'76 TR6 CF55588U+O
and the new addition for the missus-'69 Spitfire MK3 FDU 49898L
"Diplomacy--- The art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock"