Re: Engine or body first?

To: "'wallaces@superaje.com'" <wallaces@superaje.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine or body first?
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:02:17 -0400
Hi Jim,

I took the body shell to the bodyman and finished up the frame and the
engine. Once, I was done that the engine and gearbox was wrapped in poly,
the real heavy stuff you use as a vapour barrier on houses, and held in
place with duct tape. This did 2 things it kept the dirt of the body shop
off the pristine engine and when they dry fitted, kept everything away from
the shell. So, when the paint is done and the car is back here all I need to
do is cut the poly off.  The bodyman agreed it was the best way to protect
both the engine and the finished shell.

Hope this helps
David Templeton
'59 TR3a (body almost done)