TR3 Fuel Pump

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Fuel Pump
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:02:27 -0700
I bought a "rebuilt" fuel pump off eBay awhile back.  The occasion
finally arose where I needed it and of course it didn't work.  I opened
it up and found that several parts had been omitted during the
"rebuild"... specifically the Diaphram Spring, Oil Seal and Oil Seal
Retainer.

The spring seems to be available from Vicky Brit but not the seal and
retainer.  The seal seems to be there to keep the lube from migrating
around in the lower half.  Is the seal necessary?  Looks like something
one might fashion out of a bit of rubber & a cup washer.

Also, is a suitable spring anything I'm likely to find locally or is the
replacement so specific to this application that the exact part should
be obtained?

Thanks.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A