re: cold weather fixes TR4 speedo

To: steven@cravetechnology.com, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: cold weather fixes TR4 speedo
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 09:26:22 -0600
Steven,
I had a similar problem in my AMC AMX years ago, the fix on it was to
shorten the inner cable  by about an 1/8", as the heat from my exhaust
worked on the cable it world grow in length just enough to bind in the
outer cable, or force the drive wheel against the free wheel inside the
speedo. I've also noticed while rebuilding the speedo and tach from my
TR3 that any prelude against the drive in the back of my tach will make
it run erratically i.e.: to long a inner cable. Just my $0.02 worth.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet