LBC Fire Extinguishers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Fire Extinguishers
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 08:24:34 -0400
A few weeks ago I asked for opinions regarding a Fire Extinguisher choice
among listers. I thought that the list might be interested in what I found
out. Generally most of the group agreed that the Dry Chemical types were not
the preferred style because of the corrosive nature of the residue not to
mention the difficulty of post fire clean up. CO-2 were OK but too large and
bulky. Halon was superior but no longer readily available for our use.

Here is what I purchased and I think it's a great alternative to the Halon
units. It's a 2.5# unit filled with a DuPont product called FE-36 made by
Ansul and called Clean-Guard. Good for B and C rated fires. Cost from the
local Fire Extinguisher Supply house was about $103.00. 6 year warrantee and
refillable if used. NFI and all that stuff.
Jerry Van Vlack