Re: Water pump woes

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump woes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:21:03 +0100
Hi Deano
First what does ROTFLMAO stand for.
Secondly I had a problem with that ruddy pipe last week, the nut was so
frozen to the pipe that I had to pull it all forwards far enough that I
could unscrew it by rotating the water pump round the pipe, fortunately the
motor is out of the car! I then had to take the pipe in to the kitchen and
heat the nut on the gas stove until it glowed, (only visible in a darkened
kitchen unless you have a super heated gas cooker) then quench the nut to
free it, this trick will nearly always free things like this, the shock of
the quench destroys the crud that is locking it all up!
My rebuilt engine will probably have a stainless steel pipe from Chris
Witor.
Graham.