RE: TR3 AC Fuel Pump

To: "'blambert@socal.rr.com'" <blambert@socal.rr.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 AC Fuel Pump
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:40:36 -0500
Dennis,
My rebuild kit came the same way. I looked at the list archives several months
ago and apparently this is the way they come now. I got mine from Moss. If I
recall correctly from what I read, TRF had the original style diaphragm at one
time. Anyway, I understand the new style diaphragm will work but the spring is
not 'captured' in the metal diaphragm center as before and can slide around.
This has caused problems for some. I haven't finished my rebuild because I
haven't figured out how to press the replacement valves in without making a
mess. Any ideas? The originals were peened and I first have to file or dremel
out the indentions. Getting the old valves out was an absolutely aggravating
task. They eventually came out in pieces from all the abuse required.

Anybody BTDT that can offer advice on the AC rebuild task? I have another one to
rebuild that I haven't bought a kit for yet. I have nightmares about how I
abused the last one to get the valves out - it seemed so cruel...

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'
markaevans@mindspring.com