Fwd: Re: TR-4 Tires - Why Michelins?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: TR-4 Tires - Why Michelins?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 00:48:18 -0700
    I think the Michelin X mystique causes people to overlook many better
tire possibilities for Triumphs.  I can't see the need any longer to buy
40K mile tires, for cars we drive a few thousand miles a year, when better
handling tires are available.  I refer to the tires people use for combined
street and autocross service.  (Of course, they may load the suspension
more than the Michelins, which could be a concern in such old cars.  Best
make sure the suspension is in good shape.)
    Go to www.grmotorsports.com  There may be info on the site. If not,
there is a discussion group at the site or you could send in for their free
issue offer.  There is a tire advice column in the magazine.  This is a
great magazine.
    John Cowan