Brake Servo Rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Servo Rebuild
From: StanTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:50:33 EDT
Listers,
Here's a good one..............
Has anyone rebuilt the brake servo from a TR6 ?  Specifically, has anyone
ever opened the servo can and successfully reclosed it with the diaphragm in
place ?

I have all new parts to build up a servo except the rubber bladder.  But, I
have a couple of "doner units", one which I opened and had a good diaphragm.
Any me diaphragm may be OK.   My goal is to have the two halves of the servo
"can" powder coated.  Cannot powder coat assembled due to the heat versus the
rubber components.   But, before I dive into my own unit, I'd like to know if
anyone has been there before.

TIA,
Stan
'74 TR6
frame, drive train, etc. rebuilt, tub almost ready to set on frame.