Re: TR3A Center Dash / Steering Wheel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Center Dash / Steering Wheel
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:36:30 -0400
Where's FT when you need him?! I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in on this
one. PC is the only real answer.

Of all the parts I've had powder coated, by far, the one I'm most pleased
with is the TR3 instrument panel (my dip stick is nice too, but...). I had
originally painted mine and while it actually came out pretty well, I've
seen WAY too many that just didn't look right. BTW, all the parts stores
(around here anyway) carry the paint and it shouldn't be hard to find.

Anyway, once I got a look at Fred's PC'd version - well, it's truly the ONLY
way to go. It's uniformly wrinkled, no sags, no high spots around the
edges...just perfect.

Anyone considering wrinkle finish should do themselves a favor and forget
the paint.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry