Re: I remember Don Horn...

To: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: I remember Don Horn...
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:13:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill,

I too, was a young sailor in Millington and was aquainted with Don Horn and
many of the other Memphis sports car people. However, I must have been there
a couple of years after you were, as Don had just sold/traded his Porsche
RSK I think it was, for the 1st XKE in the Mid-South. A few days after he
got it, he came out and ran an autocross the base sports car club, L'Auto
Petit was putting on and took Top Time of the Day. That was the 1st time I
met Don and of course the 1st XKE I had ever seen. A while later, he took a
friend and me out for a spin, 3 of us in the XKE at 100MPH plus, late at
night on a straight country road between Memphis and the Navy Base.

I hadn't thought about Don and the rest of that gang in a very long time. I
just got up from my desk a second ago and looked at some old pictures and
"momentos" from the time I was in Memphis and found a couple of pictures of
Don Horn at one of the sports car races we put on at the Halls, TN airfield.

If you come to the bay area, (Palo Alto All British Car Meet?), be sure and
look me up. You are welcome to stop by the house and reminisce.

Hope to see you then

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA