Re: Painting suspension springs

To: robc@cisco.com
Subject: Re: Painting suspension springs
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:23:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rob,
        My frame-up TR6 has 3 years and about 6K miles on it now.  I
replaced all 4 coil springs with new ones.  They were painted, but I
lightly sandblasted them and painted them again with Eastwood's
Chassis Black spray (satin).  So far, they still look good.  No cracks,
flakes or rust.
                http://www.eastwoodcompany.com
        Hope This Helps,
                Rick
>>Looking for advice on what kind of paint can be used for
suspension
springs.  I've painted my TR6 frame with POR-15 and love it, but it
would appear to be very hard and I suspect it would flake off the
springs if I used it on them.

Anyone know if it would work or what kind of paint would remain
elastic
enough after drying?

Rob Christopher
Ottawa, ON