Re: "Aircraft stripper" and after

To: willgray@region.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Aircraft stripper" and after
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:42:56 EDT
I used aircraft stripper on my car and then used a metal wash that etched and
added some corrossion resistance.  Most automotive paint stores will have
what you need for this task, PPG, BASF, Dupont, all have a metal wash.  BTW
don't purchase the "low odor" version of this stripper, it doesn't work as
well as the original "stinky" formula.

In stripping my car I used a high pressure washer.  I was able to remove 90%
of the paint down to the metal with just the pressure washer, and it was
great for hard to reach places.  You may find that the original primer is a
little more stubborn than the top coat.  Extremely messy and you must suit up
and cover all skin, eyes, etc., this stripper burns like hell and even
penetrates through chemical resitant gloves, put two pair on and change them
often.

Good luck,

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS 58399