TR4 air cleaners

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 air cleaners
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:32:53 EDT
Anyone know if the air cleaners for the ZS carbs will fit on SU's?  In my
role as the VTR vehicle consultant I received an e-mail from someone who has
SU's on a '64 engine.  He has the "closed circuit breathing" system but a PO
changed the carbs from ZS's to SU's.  Air cleaners he has do not have the
holes in the center of the air cleaners to hook up the pipe which runs to the
valve cover.  Are the air cleaner bolt holes in the carbs the same for SU's
and ZS's?  They look the same in the Factory parts manual, but I want to be
sure.  Thanks.

Art Kelly