WWJD- this should've been sent Sunday

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WWJD- this should've been sent Sunday
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 21:31:28 -0400
Well, it's Sunday, time for church.....

What Would Jesus Drive?

Most people assume WWJD stands for "What would Jesus do?" But
according to Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle, the initials
really mean "What would Jesus drive?"

One of Ostler's readers theorized that Jesus would tool around in an old
Plymouth because "the Bible says God drove Adam and Eve out of the
Garden of Eden in a Fury." But then Roy Rivenburg jumped into the
fray, saying in his online humor column "Off-Kilter" (www.offkilter.org)
that in Psalm 83, "the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo.  The
passage urges the Lord to 'pursue your enemies with your Tempest  and
terrify them with your Storm.'"

Rivenburg goes on to postulate that God favors Dodge pickup  trucks,
because "Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain until  'the
Ram's horn sounds a long blast.'" Some scholars insist that Jesus  drove
a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a  verse in
St.
John's gospel where Christ tells a crowd, "For I did not speak of  my own
Accord..." Meanwhile, Ostler has discovered that Moses rode an old
British car, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that  "the
roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills."

Scott Ostler, San Francisco Chronicle