Re- Replacement headlights

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re- Replacement headlights
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:36:09 +0100
Hi David
I agree with what you say about the oncoming blue lights, I can't comment on
driving a car equipped with xenon lights, I would like to add that the lens
unit makes a lot of difference to the light output, I had a 2500S a few
years ago with Hella bulb type lenses fitted and running 100/80W H4's and
100W H1's, and now have a 2000 MKI running Cibie bulb type lenses with the
same bulbs and although the Hella's did improve the night time visibility,
it was still obviously night time, the Cibie's create instant daylight! Yes
I do know that the 100/80's are supposed to be for off road use only, but I
have them well aimed and gave driven in front of them in my PI and they do
not dazzle as much as most other cars, especially the ones less than 3 years
old that haven't had their first MOT test!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.

Driving at 9/10 - you're not paying attention, 10/10 - to and from work, but
to really have fun requires 11/10!