Just the rotor?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just the rotor?
From: "Peter Conover" <pconover@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:14:21 -0700
I've been driving my TR-6 a lot this summer, making sure that all the "bugs"
are out before I attempt the drive from Chicago to Breckenridge in 3 weeks.
After running great for the past few months, last Friday night, completely
without warning, the car just died.

After trying all sorts of things, I put in a different rotor - the car ran!
My question is, what can go wrong with a rotor that will make a car completely
stop running without any warning whatsoever.  There doesn't appear to even be
anything wrong with it.  Weird?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Conover
Oak Park, IL