Re: The ultimate virus fix (no LBC)

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: The ultimate virus fix (no LBC)
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:42:30 -0700
At 8:03 AM -0700 7/28/01, Randall wrote:
>Pete :
>
>If you keep saying that, I'm going to have one of my hacker friends whip
>up a Mac virus, just for you !
>
>Macs are no more virus-proof than any other computer,

Actually they are relatively virus proof, the OS is still proprietary
software, not widly distributed like WinDoze by MicroShaft.  It takes
a Real hacker to crack a Mac, not your local teenage pothead...<G>
(html for BIG Grin) During my several years as a SysAdmin for a NASA
project the only viruses we encountered for our All Mac system were
imbedded in MicroShaft Office eMail...naturally our filters and
firewalls stopped them cold.
But Randall is also correct in his demographic logic...ah well...

Macintosh Forever!!!
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3