Re: TR-3: "knock-back", restrictor valve

To: Roger Sieling <Rogsie@telesistech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-3: "knock-back", restrictor valve
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:22:50 -0700
Roger,
    Several years ago we removed the restrictor valve from the brake line
because the brakes were dragging after the pedal was released.   Would the
fact that this is missing allow "knock back" to happen?  The restrictor
valve was all gunked up.  It's cleaned up now, so I could easily replace it
when I replace the brake fluid, etc.
   One of the bearings seems a very little bit loose when I shake the
wheel, but not enough to be a problem in normal driving.
   Thanks for the feedback.
John