Re: Differential oil - 3a

Subject: Re: Differential oil - 3a
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:09:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim :

The black sludge is dirt and wear products that have settled out.  This
is one of the differences between gear oil and motor oil, motor oil has
additives that try to hold dirt in solution, while gear oil lets it
settle out (or build up on the walls).  Probably a good idea to clean it
out, while you're in there; and flush out all of the old oil.

This seems like a perfect place to use your 80W90 to me.  That's what I
use (although I buy Valvoline synthetic).

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver