RE: Halogen Dash Lights a.ca.us>

To: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>, Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Halogen Dash Lights a.ca.us>
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:03:24 -0500
I bought mine from the Little British Car Company at a car show last year.
You can also order them from their web site at http://www.lbcarco.com. The
instrument lights in a TR6 are all E10 screw base. They offer both 5W and
10W halogen replacements. They also have 1156 and 1157 halogens for brake,
signal, and driving lights. I've seen the 1156/1157 for less money
elsewhere (no, I don't remember where- maybe J.C. Whitney?) but I haven't
been able to find another source for E10 screw base bulbs in halogen.

I would not recommend the 10W bulbs for most instruments. They get very hot
and since the glass is physically longer than the original incandescent
bulbs they can touch the colored plastic lenses and melt them.

I did find a supplier for 12V high brightness LEDs with E10 screw bases
(LEDtronics) and I ordered a couple but I haven't had a chance to compare
them yet. They come in red and green so they would be suitable for the
instrument illumination, turn signal indicator, and oil pressure warning
light.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com