O/D seals

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D seals
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:56:27 -0400
Well since I installed a 4 syncro tranny in my car (April 01) I have had
nothing but one problem after another, finally solving them one at a time,
now I have the rear O/D seal leaking fluiff rather badly and this I never
had before, pull the dirve shaft and the rear seal, well guess what, 1 of
our suppliers seal is .375 in width and another is .500, thats 25% less/more
sealing area and yes I had the thin seal in my car, pulled the seals from my
old O/D and that is also .500, so this am I installed the wider/thicker seal
and no more leaks, another potential VTR trip problem solved, now maybe I
can keep up with Dan Masters "6" !!  "FT"